Hermosa Beach was originally part of the ten-mile Ocean frontage of Rancho Sausal Redondo. In the year of 1900 a tract of fifteen hundred acres was purchased for $35.00 per acre from A. E. Pomroy, then owner of the greater part of Rancho Sausal Redondo. Messrs. Burbank and Baker, agents, bought this land for Sherman and Clark who organized and retained the controlling interest in the Hermosa Beach Land and Water Company
Website Design Hermosa Beach
Website Designer Hermosa Beach
In early days, Hermosa Beach like so many of its neighboring cities - Inglewood, Lawndale, Torrance - was one vast sweep of rolling hills covered with fields of grain, mostly barley.
Custom website designer in Hermosa Beach
Hermosa Beach website design
We can easily understand why those early pioneers, far visioned, planning for a future prosperous, home-loving city, named it Hermosa, meaning "beautiful. "Hermosa Beach website designer
Look through our site and find out how we can promote your business.
The pavilion was the first public building erected by the Hermosa Beach Land and Water Company and was located on the south corner of Pier Avenue and the Strand near the Pier entrance.
Hermosa Beach Civic Club was a Citizens Improvement Association and was the only civic club ever organized in the community.
The first bank in Hermosa Beach was organized by James Walker, who built the first bank building on the northwest corner of Pier and Hermosa Avenues on the old site of the Pacific Electric freight offices. It was called The First Bank of Hermosa Beach
The Hermosa Beach Review, established by Ed Thomas in the old Bowling Alley was the inception of the first city newspaper.
Hermosa ("beautiful" in Spanish) is an accurate description of this city's beach, which is also flat, sandy, and long; ideal for sunbathing, beach volleyball, surfing and paddleboarding.
Big time gambling, complete with mobsters and shooting incidents, found its way to Redondo during the Depression. Chip games, bingo parlors, and a casino were run in full view of the law between 1936 and 1940. For a fare of 25 cents, a water-taxi would transport a visitor to the gambling ship Rex which operated three miles off shore.
Hermosa Beach is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. The population was 18,566 at the 2000 census. 2006 population estimates are 19,435.
The city of Hermosa Beach is located in the South Bay region of the greater Los Angeles area and is one of the three Beach Cities. It is bordered by Manhattan Beach to the north, and Redondo Beach to its east and south. Of the three cities, only Hermosa Beach owns its own beach. The other two cities' beaches are owned by the city of Los Angeles.